Cold Cut Charcuterie is a cooking method devoted to preserved cured meat products. Originally, meats were preserved or cured in such ways, before the advent of refrigeration. Yet, till now, we get to enjoy the cold cuts, as their flavours derived from the preservation processes.
At Sapore, the preserved, dry-cured cold cut platter are savory and aromatic. All our cold cut fine meats imported from Spain and Italy, either come and buy these ready-to-eat meats, or allow us to traditionally served in slices for you.
Here is the top 10 Italian Spanish Cold Cut Charcuterie we have at Sapore:
- Porchetta – Porchetta is a savoury, fatty, and moist boneless pork roast of Italian culinary tradition. The body of the pig is gutted, deboned, arranged carefully stuffed with liver, wild fennel, all fat and skin still on spitted, and/or roasted, traditionally for more than 8+ hours.
- Cooked Ham/ Prosciutto Cotto – Prosciutto is an Italian dry-cured ham that is usually thinly sliced and served uncooked.
- Chorizo Paprika Salami – Pork Sausage with spicy paprika
- Salchichón Pork Salami – Spanish summer pork sausage
- Mortadella Cooked Ham & Pistachio – Mortadella is the original cooked sausage from the city of Bologna in northern Italy. Our mortadella version is from the Bologna recipe, enjoy the same great flavor as our classic Mortadella enhanced with pistachio nuts for an added subtly sweet, buttery taste.
- Lardo Flavoured Tuscany Pork Lard – Delicious Tuscan cured lardo seasoned with aromatic herbs and spices and aged for a minimum of 60 days. The art of Italian cured meat, lardo is about richness, and the creamy texture of fat and succulence.
- Capocollo Dry-cured Pork Shoulder – Capocollo is a traditional Italian and Corsican pork cold cut (salume) made from the dry-cured muscle running from the neck to the 4th or 5th rib of the pork shoulder or neck. An Italian meat product formed by seasoning the meat found between the hog’s head (capo) and shoulder (collo) and letting it rest for about 10 days before stuffing it into a natural casing and then aging it for at least 90 days.
- Prosciutto di Parma – Prosciutto is an Italian dry-cured ham that is usually thinly sliced & served uncooked. It is named as the King of Hams as you can see. It is a time-honored classic imported only from Italy, where the pigs are humanely raised, carefully chosen and cured naturally. With only four ingredients, specially-bred pork, sea salt, Italian air, and time, Prosciutto di Parma is a 100% natural and obvious choice for those who appreciate quality and authenticity.
- Cecina air-dried beef – Spanish beef meat that has been salted and air-dried.
- Jamon Iberico Ham Shoulder – Jamon Iberico is a cured ham produced using Spanish black Iberian pigs.
Want to know the best wine to paired with the cold cuts? Come to Sapore to find out more.