The 7th edition of the Week of Italian Cuisine in the World, which will take place in Malaysia from 5 -11 December 2022, celebrates the theme “Conviviality, sustainability and innovation: the ingredients of Italian cuisine” for people’s health and the protection of the planet.
- 1.1 KG DRY AGED T-BONE STEAK
Dry aging process is how beef was aged during olden days, when human rely on preserving the meat without fridge. How does dry aged process work, really? The meat is left on the bone for a period of time in a temperature and humidity controlled room, allowing the enzymes naturally present in the meat to break down the muscle tissue, resulting in improved texture and flavor. Dry-aging concentrates and develops the ultimate flavor of beef. It could take several weeks till months to develop a flavorful, tender and fresh steak.
We bring in the premium 1100 gram Australian Grain-fed dry aged T-bone broiled to perfection, served with Rosemary Oil, Roasted Potato and Salad, Tuscany style. Sapore’s chef will grill the 1.1kg dry-aged T-bone steak medium rare, with the last part of meat fully cooked, this is due to the grilling method, also most of us will be sharing the 1.1 kg (800g if pure meat without the weight of the bones), as some will prefer well-done steak meat.
2. Orecchiette with slow-braised lamb ragu – Succulent lamb shoulder slowly braised with onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, & herbs, slow cook for almost 5 hours under low heat. An intensely flavorful lamb ragu sauce perfectly paired with orecchiette pasta.
Orecchiette pasta is originally from Puglia. We serve this pasta with lamb ragù. This dish is very special for chef Fabio, as he is from the south of Italy. We cook Orecchiette lamb ragu every Sunday lunch, where the people wake up early to make this dish.
3. TRIPPA ALLA ROMANA – Beef tripe is very old dish made with beef stomach. Classic, simple, Roman-style beef tripe stewed in tomato sauce till soft and tender, topped with a grated pecorino cheese on the top.
7th edition of the Week of Italian Cuisine in the World 2022
Date: 5 -11 December 2022
- Organized by the Embassy of Italy in Kuala Lumpur and the Italian Trade Agency in Kuala Lumpur (ITA)
- In collaboration with Italy Malaysia Business Association (IMBA)
For more info, please call/ whatsapp Sapore at +603-42666362